Friday 26 February 2010

Spiced Pineapple Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting & Toasted Coconut


Make them as muffins - or frost them as cupcakes. However you prefer them, you'll find these lightly spiced pineapple cakes ever so moist and tasty.

I make these in my 12 hole silicone muffin / cupcake tray and the mix generally makes the full 12 muffins / cupcakes. As I normally ice them, I've lined the silicone bakeware mould with paper muffin cases. However, if serving as breakfast muffins or uniced in lunchboxes, there is no requirement for liners. I'd suggest buttering / greasing inside the cells of new moulds for at least the first few times making cakes.

Recipe

300g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
120g caster sugar
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup / 250 > 280ml crushed pineapple (juice squeezed out)
100ml milk
1 egg
140ml pineapple juice (reserved from tin)
I
Preheat oven to 180deg C fan

I start with a measuring jug and measure oil and milk and juice together, then add the egg and mix with a fork.

Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl. Add the pineapple and wet ingredients. Mix with wooden spoon until only just combined.

Put batter into buttered silicone muffin tray - or tray / tin of your choice lined with paper cases.

Bake for 20mins or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before turning out or frosting

Sarah-Jane, Feb 2010 - http://www.siliconemoulds.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed my blog and found it useful. Please do leave any comments you may have - your feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for visiting !