Monday 17 May 2010

Pimento Cheese



This recipe is from Pam's MidWest Kitchen Korner 

It sounded VERY similar to something I ate and loved whilst studying many years ago in Louisville, Kentucky. It's tasty served as a dip or sandwich type spread, but I decided to grill it on toast for a quick and simple supper (as photographed above)

I made a 1/2 quantity of Pam's recipe - which you can find here http://pamsmidwestkitchenkorner.blogspot.com/2010/05/pimento-cheese-heaven.html

It's very tasty - but although I used hot cherry bell peppers and added a few extra - it wasn't as hot as I remember. I fully intend making it again - but think I'll substitute red jalapeno chilles for the hot cherry bell peppers.

Here is Pam's recipe :

Ingredients:
1 pound extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (4-ounce) jar pimentos, drained
½ medium onion, grated
½ cup mayonnaise,
approximately2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Method:
Cut the cheddar cheese into large chunks. Place in food processor and pulse long enough to make small chunks.Do not process it smooth into a puree.Remove to a bowl. Add remaining ingredients, how ever much mayo you desire.Blend well.Serve

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, thanks so much for the reference. Your version sounds great! I will be trying it with hot peppers or even jalapenos. And I've never grilled it so I will have to try that also. It has to be great that way. Thanks again! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. mouth watering, grilled, sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam - I'd forgotten all about this until you posted it on your blog. So nice ... looking forward to makin it again with some hot chilli kick.

    Anandar - it's very easy and makes a tasty supper. Comes out rather like Welsh Rarebit when grilled

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed my blog and found it useful. Please do leave any comments you may have - your feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for visiting !