Sunday 11 July 2010

Choca Mocha Brain Freeze



It's so so hot here at the moment and we are not used to weather like this in the UK. It's too hot during the day and too hot at night. You can't sleep and are never comfortable.

I came home from work yesterday overheated and tired. Recently, Hana from BB's Muffins explained to me what went into their toffee frappe's and as a result of this, my Brain Freeze has been born.

Into a liquidiser, put a LARGE handfull of ice. Add about 3/4 a cup of milk ... or if you want to be over  indulgent, some milk and cream or milk and ice cream. Add a sachet of Nestle Instant Mocha Cappuchino. Sweeten with sugar if required and blitz until ice is no longer lumpy and has turned to slush.

If, like me - you prefer it a bit stronger, you could add some Camp coffee. Amazing stuff and an avbsolute neccessity for baking coffee cake. Come to think about it - it's been YEARS since I made coffee cake. I must put that on my "To Do" list.

After that - it's ready to pour and enjoy. I think it's like a frappe...

Feel the pain as the cold numbs your sinuses and brain and burns as it goes down.... Ahhhhhh.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, this drink looks refreshing. I've been on a drink kick lately, and I think this would hit the spot :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh I think I'll go and wizz one of these up now but using a shot of espresso - wonder how that will turn out. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed my blog and found it useful. Please do leave any comments you may have - your feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for visiting !